My landlord already has insurance. Do I need renters insurance as well?

Renters’ insurance is always a good idea here in the Kingwood, WV area, even if your landlord already has insurance. While it’s true that the landlord’s policy covers the physical structure of your home, such as the building itself and any permanent fixtures, it usually won’t cover the personal property you bring into the home or provide liability protection. At Smith Insurance Agency of West Virginia, we can help you understand renters insurance and how it can help you.

Renters insurance (also called tenant insurance) helps protect your belongings from theft, fire, or other types of damage. It also provides coverage if someone gets injured on your property and sues you for damages. It’s usually pretty affordable, too, especially when compared to what you might pay out of pocket for repairs or medical bills in the event of an incident.  

Ultimately, deciding whether to get renters insurance is a personal choice. But considering how much it can help protect you and your assets, getting some extra coverage may be worth looking into! We understand the importance of adequate protection against potential harm at Smith Insurance Agency of West Virginia.

We can help you decide on the correct type of insurance for your needs and budget. We’ll also provide information about standard terms and conditions affecting your coverage. So don’t hesitate to contact us today if you want the right insurance policy to protect your home and belongings! We proudly serve the Kingwood, WV area and look forward to hearing from you.