What Other Structures Are Covered Under My Homeowners Insurance Policy?

Being a homeowner in Kingwood, WV means you take all measures necessary to protect your home, family, and belongings. However, always be prepared for a disaster to occur. Incidents such as a fire, theft, or storm can cause significant damage to your home. When insuring your home, it is essential to understand what is covered and what is not. If you have questions about if other structures on your property are covered, call the experts at Smith Insurance Agency of West Virginia for assistance. 

Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling insurance offers protection should your home and the structures directly attached to it become damaged. Your policy will cover loss associated with damage caused to these structures and if there is a burglary. Typically, a standard home insurance policy will cover a portion of unattached structures, but additional coverage may be needed to be fully covered. 

Other Structure Coverage

Check your policy to ensure that other structures on your property, such as a fence, unattached garage, or shed, are covered. It may be necessary for you to add additional coverage for these other structures to ensure they are covered. This additional coverage protects you by covering the costs to rebuild or repair those other structures on your property which may have become damaged due to wind, fire, or other included events. 

Personal Possessions

Your insurance policy will have a section where personal possessions are covered. If you have additional structures on your property, verify your possessions in these structures are also covered. 

Understanding if additional structures on a property are covered by insurance in Kingwood, WV is vital to ensure you are fully protected. For assistance covering your home and any other structures, call us at Smith Insurance Agency of West Virginia today.